My name is Paul Hobcraft.
I work as a transition advocate for innovation, ecosystems, and the energy system. I relate content to context to give greater knowledge and build the transition narratives we are all undergoing.
I have been investing my time in growing my understanding, expertise, and thinking over three “core” topics.
My Innovation intent has been central to this for twenty years, but this has ‘funneled down’ into recognizing the value of ecosystems as the business design for innovation to thrive and deliver more significant value creation. In the past two-plus years, the whole Energy Transition has been my platform to apply my innovation learning and ecosystem thinking.
The value for you, so often ‘time-starved’ is you can seek out suggestions, thoughts, and insights around innovation, ecosystem building, or how the energy transition is impacting you. by tapping into my depth of knowledge, built on research, experience, and practice.
I come to the Energy Transition in the following ways
- The value/impact of innovation within the Energy Transition (core)
- A consistent focus on being a Business Builder and offer perspectives, opinions, and outlooks
- My belief that there are different aspects of activism to bring focus to this transformation
- The scope, pace, and directions of change need a sense of urgency
- The broader perspective, putting content into context, giving knowledge and insight
- I see myself as the Outsider looking into the Energy World
- The (absolute) needs within the Energy System that require solutions and change
- The significant potential for new market design, different business models and system operation solutions offers a real business opportunity
- The fascination with new enabling technologies and exploring and exploiting these
- The Energy Transition is one of today’s big challenges in energy, climate and for our planet
- There is so much societal need for this transition, it needs framing and building differently.
- The desire is to add more impact, understanding, and awareness.
Latest blog posts: https://innovating4energy.home.blog/