My name is Paul Hobcraft. I work as a transition advocate for innovation, ecosystems, and the industrial internet of things (IIoT) and energy systems.
My principal job is to relate content to context to give greater knowledge and build the transition narratives we are all undergoing to improve our collective understanding.
I have been investing my time in growing my understanding, expertise, and thinking over some distinctive but inter-related “core” topics, based on experience, constant engagements and depth of research undertaken.
The whole Energy Transition has been a growing platform to apply my innovation learning and ecosystem thinking. Why these inter-related topics? Simply each of them, innovation and ecosystem design flow through all we do to create value, delivery impact and find improved ways to collaborate and learn.
It is finding impactful ways, as they all interconnect for any business to advance on their own journey delivers sustainable growth and new business potential.
My focus is actually far more on the Front End Of the Energy Transition, as this is where innovation begins. I believe there is a real gap in the need to build a robust innovation capability, capacity and competency and we have over twenty years of advising and transforming innovation activities to help fill that gap.
On my website www.innovating4energy/website I provide my proposition to assist and help those wanting to accelerate their energy journey. Innovation begins with discovery, then it moves through the innovation pipeline, through its experimenting, validating, testing, often multiple trials, commissioning and eventual commercialization roll-outs.
Energy Transition needs to be generated in different ways, my viewpoint:
- Emphasis the value/impact of innovation within the Energy Transition (as my core). It builds out the potential to change.
- A consistent focus on being seen as a Business Builder and offer perspectives, opinions, and outlooks
- My belief that there are different aspects of activism to bring focus to this transformation and it is engaging across all of these avenues
- The scope, pace, and directions of change need a sense of urgency, and my role is to help accelerate that journey.
- The broader perspective, putting content into context, giving knowledge and insight leads to making more informed decisions, that’s my positioning.
- I see myself as the Outsider looking into the Energy World.
This focus translates into value positioning:
- The (absolute) needs within the Energy Systems require solutions and change does lie in creating impact, understanding and viable alternatives.
- The significant potential for new market design, different business models and system operation solutions offers a real business opportunity.
- The fascination with identifying new enabling technologies and exploring and exploiting these
- The Energy Transition is one of today’s big challenges in energy, climate, and our planet and needs clarity for potential clients on how it can be leveraged.
- There is so much societal need for this energy transition, it needs framing and building differently, so it attracts stakeholders to join in. The value of building that communicating positioning with the additional external perspective strengthens the narrative and broader identification.
- The desire to add more impact, understanding, and awareness to the Energy Transition, to give greater momentum to internal teams provides additional momentum and resolution.
Latest blog posts: https://innovating4energy.com